Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Connecting With Family & Becoming Fearless

Fearless





  adjective


   1. without fear; bold or brave

As I was leaving NOLA, headed towards Houston where I intended to stop and see my cousin whom, I've not seen since I became a mother, let alone a Bella! 

I got a call from my ex who just may also be my next! Ok, ok so that's probably not gonna happen but it's a nice idea to flirt with.
Anyhoo he called to chat while I drove and he too told me he liked my kick-ass and fearless spirit!  
Now y'all I'm like what are people seeing in me that I'm missing! Like, for real, though.  Cuz, when I think about the moves that I've made lately, I just see a Lil Black girl from Richmond California trying to survive and make lemonade out of the lemons that life has thrown at her and rise to the top! I mean where I'm from you're either constantly striving to be the BEST or........OMG, I don't even want to think about it.....

So back to the Ex and him enlightening me on what in the heck I've done to make people think that I'm fearless.

So apparently chucking it all and moving across the country to chase your dream is an act of fearlessness and wait doing simple things like booking a room on Airbnb and driving for Uber they count too!

So basically living life outside of the stereotype is an act of fearlessness! Because when I finally got to Houston and met up with my cousin and told her that I'd be staying at an Airbnb while in town...she was like my aren't you brave! We shared experiences that happened in our lives since we last saw each other in person...it was great!

There's nothing like being with family...for me connecting and sharing ideas,dreams and stories of adventures from the past with those who have the same bloodline is powerful! And I'm not just talking about my foolishness either....I mean stories of brave, bold and plain ole badassness by my parents, grandparents, great-grandparents great aunts and uncles too!

As fate would have it we spent so much time catching up that before I knew it the sun was up and it was time to go!

Life can be funny...especially when memory meets reality...when I was a little girl my cousin came to visit and I remember her as being super duper tall. I used to tell people I wanted to be tall like my cousins on my dad's side... well...it worked because guess what we're the same height!

Yep, she's 5'8 too! LOL,I guess I was really short when I was little because she seemed a lot taller back then! In my mind, she was like 6ft. tall. See for yourself....



Queue the music...On the road again I just can't wait to get on the road again.... ok ok that's a stretch cuz y'all know that I am not a fan of driving for more than 45 mins...lol


On the road again...seeing things I may never see again...I can't wait to get on the road again...
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment: